Solution-Focused Brief Therapy Research Page
Pre-conference research meeting- NOV 10th.... Details coming soon
SFBT and National Evidence-Based Registries:
SAMHSA NREPP: Solution-Focused Brief Therapy is now included in Substance Abuse Mental Health Service Administration's National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (SAMHSA NREPP). Solution-Focused Group Therapy has met NREPP's minimum requirements for review and has been independently assessed and rated for Quality of Research and Readiness for Dissemination. This is another important milestone for SFBT and many thanks to Teri Pichot, Sara Smock Jordan, Terry Trepper, Johnny Kim, and Cynthia Franklin for working with NREPP to get this reviewed and on the national evidence-based registry!
Here is the link to the SFBT page at NREPP's Web site: NREPP
Janet Bavelas, Peter De Jong, Cynthia Franklin, Adam Froerer, Wallace Gingerich, Johnny Kim, Harry Korman, Stephen Langer, Mo Yee Lee, Eric E. McCollum, Sara Smock Jordan, and Terry S. Trepper have developed a SFBT treatment manual for working with individuals. This manual is available for downloading.
Alasdair Macdonald's web page offers an inventory of outcome studies and resources.
Wallace Gingerich: Wally is a professor of social work at Case Western Reserve in Ohio. The website contains information regarding SF outcome studies.
SFBTA Research Committee serves to advance the knowledge and training of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy for clinicians and researchers. The mission and goals of the Research Committee are to:
- Serve as the official research arm of SFBTA
- Encourage research in SFBT
- Help SFBTA serve as a clearinghouse for research in SFBT via its website
- Provide research materials and consultation to those interested in pursuing research in SFBT
- Maintain a state of the art Treatment Manual, fidelity instrument, and other appropriate instruments and measures to be used by SFBT researchers
- Develop guidelines and make recommendations to the board for research awards